Over the past couple of months, I have been obsessed with yellow nails. What’s not to like? They brighten your outfit and they can give you that boost that you need. One of the things that I did not realize going into shopping for yellow nail polishes was how hard it was to find a cute yellow with a great formula. Today I am comparing two yellows: Yolo Yellow by Sinful Colors and Mellow Yellow by Sally Hansen.
First one up is Yolo Yellow by Sinful Colors. Spoiler Alert: This is the big winner, it’s a knockout. First win: the color- it’s super bright and yellow, it’s a true bright yellow. Second win: I only needed two coats to complete this manicure, and it actually dried. Third win: Although it’s only a couple of cents of difference, this one is cheaper than the Sally Hansen nail polish.
There were so many problems with this nail polish I don’t know where to start. The nail polish color itself is not a true bright yellow, it’s more like a nacho cheese yellow. I’m not returning the nail polish but I think that this polish will be best used as a nail art color and not a full nail color. This color was so sheer that I needed 3+ coats for this to work, and because of that, the nails did not fully want to dry. It was a disaster.
In short: If you’re looking for a yellow, inexpensive nail polish, get Yolo Yellow by Sinful Colors.
No, I’m not dead, sorry for the lack of updates these past few weeks. It’s been a combination of writer’s block and a bad cold that has been keeping me away from the computer/blog. I’ll try to be more consistent with my content for the rest of the month.
Today I come with an amazing combination of colors. One of my favorite colors is Lie-Lac by Sinful Colors and I decided to jazz it up a bit and add a cool shimmer/holo/dual chrome topper. I used You Just Wait.
Here’s a look at the nail polish in motion, it’s so beautiful.
After the topper, the lilac colored nail polish turned into a cool blue color. At first I thought I wouldn’t like it that much since I love the lilac color, but I did love it!
These two bad boys are available at Walgreens (they have one of the biggest displays ever!), find them at your local store and get your mani on!
How have you been? What colors are you wearing? Are you wearing fall colors, or are you still hanging on to summer?
Starting this new month, want to take a bit of time each Sunday and recap all of the things that I have been feeling. I want to vent, I don’t want to keep all of my thoughts inside, just bubbling and waiting to burst. With this week, comes the issue of happiness.
If you are someone like me, you can struggle to find the good in everything, especially when we are living in these troubled times. If you ask anyone that knows me, they would say that I am one of the most positive people they know, but I think that’s changed.
Lately, I have been feeling stuck and just so awful. It’s everything! I don’t know what to do, so a couple of days ago I decided to list and write in detail the top 10 things that happened in the past week.
Some things are big, and some are small, but you have to appreciate them. Here’s my list, what’s on yours?
- I finally redid my bedroom! – It’s almost finished, but most of the vision that I had for the room came to fruition.
- I am a very closed and anxious person, but I am finally meeting up with friends. I came to realize that my moping around because my thinking of no one wanting to be my friend came from an unfriendly voice. Everyone wants to hang out with me, I just have to let them in.
- Shoes – I found the cutest shoes at Target and they fit better than I expected. I am totally going to look for an outfit that I can pair them with. (You know I’m going to blog that!)
- I was looking all over and over for a shirt I saw on a commercial and I was able to hunt it down! Not only that, but I was able to get it on sale, use a coupon and buy it for less than $2! WHATTT!!!???
- CATS – ALWAYS BE THANKFUL FOR CATS – My two youngest cats turn 2 and I am so happy.
- A new month is coming, everything that I could not do in June, it can be done in July.
- Adventures – I am so happy to start taking more risks, I need more adventure and excitement in my life.
- People read my blog! If you are reading this right now, I love you! and thank you!
- Shampoos that smell good – call me weird, but I love it when my hair smells nice the entire day.
- Possibility. Anything can happen, I just need to let go and be free!
For this week, I decided to sparkle. I went with Stevie by Zoya.
This is a beautiful lilac color with lots of glitter. This is one of Zoya’s pixie dust nail polishes which not only include glitter, but texture. I love it, these nail polishes remind me of the L’oreal Paris sparkly nail polishes I love.
What are you wearing this week?
- Drake – Passionfruit
- Selena Gomez – Only You
- Swet Shop Boys – T5
- Culture Club – Karma Chameleon
- Swet Shop Boys – Aaja
- Harry Styles – Sign of the Times
- Ahmed Rushdi – Song of Wonder
- The Killers – Read My Mind
- New Order – Bizzare Love Triangle
- Corona – The Rhythm of the Night
- Night Riots – Back to Your Love
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise – All That and More (Sailboat)
- Khalid – American Teen
- Moon Taxi – Morocco
- Tristen Beer – Promises
- The Technicolors – Songbird
- Lady Gaga – The Cure
- Oh Honey – Take All The Time You Need
- ZAYN – Like I Would
- Imagine Dragons – Believer
- Johnny Cash – God’s Gonna Cut You Down
- Lorde – Green Light
- Kendrick Lamar – HUMBLE.
- Houndmouth – Darlin’
- Seagulls – You & Me
- Strangers You Know – Shoot Me Down
- Prince – When Doves Cry
- Mary J. Blige – Family Affair
- Angus Maude – Capo 9
- Desi Valentine – Eyes On Me
What are you listening to?